Sunday, October 08, 2006

"Stop" & "Listen" to the Signs!

I am on medical leave til Wednesday. Ah! How I dread all these days layig in bed, sleeping at times, pondering & thinking most of times and walking painfully around the house. I wonder why people like to take MC and stay at home. Well, may be I am incapicitated by my back pain.

It don upon me that life is rather short and unpredictable. There are signs that we should always pay attention to. Take my back pain for example. I have been having backaches for many years. And I even remember having it as early as in 1986, when I went for the Medical Mission in Saudi. My staff had to masage my back in Muassim.

I kept ignoring them, thinking they were just 'simple 'backaches'. There were other signs and yet I kept ignoring them until the worst happened. By that time, it was too late.

If we were to heed to those signs that we get almost everyday, maybe we can be a better person. We tend to be ego-centric and arrogant even to ourselves. Our body, the environment, nature and especially people around us had been telling us about ourselves. But, unfortunatelly we failed to stop our 'hectic lives' and listen to those signs.

I will now try very hard to now "stop" then "listen" to the signs that are aplenty in order to improve myself. - (12.19pm, 9th Oct 2006 @ home)

1 Comments:

Blogger ahnali said...

baba dearest.. how are you now?

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home