Monday, November 24, 2008

XPDC Gunung Stong (2)

When I reached Seremban Train Station almost everybody was there except for Haniza and Norly. I could hear them talking loudly and they sounded elated.

At 8.51pm the train arrived and we alighted coach F2 hurriedly. After ensuring everyone got their seats, I took the last seat meant for our group. I could see and hear almost everyone was on the phone talikng to their love ones. Telling them our their train rides and consoling theirkids or meybe their spouses.

The train ride was a slow one - from Seremban to Gemas where the train will chainge its engine. I commented to Hjh Hamidah about the coach. When I was in Melaka Hospital and went out for any expedition, we would go by the second class coach and not a third class one. I was not happy with this arrangement. But I did not want to cause any ruckus then. Especially when the group from Melaka alighted at Tampin station.

Inspite of not being comfortable, I managed to doze off for quite sometime, unaware of the stop at Gemas, so I missed my late supper there.

We were expected to reach Dabong at 8 am. So we had to say our Subuh prayers on the train. It was an interesting experience then - with the train wobbling and unsteady. We laughed about it. I noticed almost everybody prayed.

As expected we reached Dabong at 7.45 am. I noticed that Dabong had not changed since the last time I was there - in 2004. The same warong with almost the same menu. After taking some snapshots, I took breakfast with the whole group. I tried the local food, ie pulut with kelapa and ikan kering. To get more oomph, I ate some cili padi jeruk. That wa really delicious and hot.

After breakfast, we set out to venture into the caves in Dabong, namely Gua Gelap and Gua Keris. We went there by 2 vans. While waiting for the second van, I tried another local delicacy - fried tapai ubi. Yum yum it was fantastic.. After a short briefing by Odie, our chief guide, we walked to the caves....

Taklimat by Odie
This is Odie Baha
Gua Gelap

... to be continued ....

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimi Jaafar said...

ingat time aimi ngn kateh p naik train nak p panjat gunung tahan dlu ^^!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home