Sunday, November 23, 2008

XPDC Gubung Stong (1)

It has been quite sometine that I ventured into the deep jungle or scale any mountain. The last outdoor adventure that I was involved was at Endau Rompin, Selai in mid April 2005 - emmm the place where I nearly lost my life.

I had been wanting to go back to the jungle ever since then but fear and knowing my inabilities prevented me from doing it. But I made a promise to myself that before end of 2008, I must go for at least 1 expedition into the jungle. Indeed I was surprised when my wife allowed to lead this expedition. With that approval, I made plans with friends from Melaka and Kuala Lumpur.

I managed to gahter a group of 13 staff from N9 and 9 from Melaka. A small group but good enough to expose staff in N9 on adventures into deep jungles. I could see most of them were excited for many reasons - some had never had train rides before, almost all had not climbed any mountain, some had not been away from family that long, some are afraid of heights, some fear leeches, and the list goes on and on. When I met a few of them a week before the expedition, they were all geared for the occasion inspite of the fears.

As for me, I had to buy new shoes, bag and other assessories. My previous jungle assessories / gears were all gone. The excitement grew everyday. However, I had my own fears - I am afraid I would be a nuisance and hindrance to the team. Not only I cannot see the tracks clearly, I was afraid that I could not proceed climbing because of my back. But the driving force within me is that I want to check & assess the extence of my incapabilities.

13 Novenmber 2008 was the date I was looking forward to. I did a last minute shopping for the bag and later did a frenzied packing about 2 hours before leaving for the train station in Seremban

... to be continued ....

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimi Jaafar said...

alaa. ade continuation lak.

aimi dah excited dah bace.

ish3..

update cepat2 ^^

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home